Burgers are a beloved food worldwide for good reason: when done right the perfect toasted buns encapsulate juicy, flavorful meat and almost any toppings you can imagine! But finding the best burger in a city can be difficult when nearly every restaurant offers one. In Season Four of the hit show, How I Met Your Mother, Marshall is on a quest to find the best burger in New York City, and gives an impassioned speech about the quality of the mystery burger, “what heaven that first bite is…This is no mere sandwich of grilled meat and toasted bread…This is God, speaking to us in food.” So if like Marshall, you’ve ever found yourself, hunting down the best burger in Roanoke, we’ve got you covered: it’s Burger In The Square. Voted Best Burger for years, Burger In The Square (BITS) offers an extensive menu at affordable prices with flavors you won’t want to miss.
Burger In The Square Menu
There are too many options to possibly list here (which is a good thing!), but they cover the gambit from hamburgers, cheeseburgers, bacon cheeseburgers, hot dogs, and even barbeque! Some of our favorites include:
- The Winter Bleu – Burger with bacon, bleu cheese, lettuce, tomato, sautéed onions, ranch dressing.
- Switzer Burger – Burger with swiss cheese, sautéed onions, side of Au-Jus for dipping.
- The Veggie Patty – A 3-grain veggie burger with roasted corn, black beans, onions, mushrooms, roasted peppers, and extra cheese.
- The Cherry Burger – Burger with an artisanal bun, two slices of smoked cheddar cheese, grilled onions, and cherrywood bacon.
- New York Style Dog – Nathans hotdog topped with sautéed sauerkraut and grilled onions.
- Chicken Cajun Salad – Grilled chicken with Cajun seasoning, bacon, cheese, onions, peppers, tomato, croutons, and country French dressing.
Can’t decide what to get? We can’t, either! Good thing you can always go back again for more!
You might also like: Find Some Treasures At Black Dog Salvage
Burger In The Square was founded in November 1988 in the City Market Building. In 1999, the current owners took over the restaurant and upgraded the burger patties to select cuts of beef that are ground fresh each day and shaped by hand. They also added chicken options, hot dogs, and salads to round out the menu. No matter what you choose from their extensive menu, you’re bound to enjoy it, so hurry over to Burger In The Square today!