When you’re driving, it’s a good idea to expect the unexpected. Road and weather conditions, unpredictable drivers, mechanical issues – a host of factors come into play on every drive you take. Most of the time, you reach your destination without incident. For those other times, well, it’s best to adopt the Boy Scouts motto: Be prepared. Here are 10 tools that Carbibles.com recommends you have on standby in your vehicle so you can handle any scenario along the way.
Tools to Travel By
Invest in this collection of tools and equipment and you’ll be ready for just about anything. Think of them as a form of peace-of-mind insurance.
- Resqme Keychain Car Escape Tool – This tool you hope you’ll never need is a handy little device featuring potential life savers like a seatbelt cutter and a window smasher.
- Stanley 92-389 Black Chrome Socket Set – These laser-etched sockets are a smart addition to your road-side tool kit.
- ALL-TOP Heavy Duty Tow Strap Recovery Kit – Stuck in mud, water, or snow? This kit will set you free.
- Beatit 12V Portable Car Jump Starter – A drained battery can derail your road trip fast. Resuscitate your ride with this jump starter.
- Torin Big Red Steel Jack Stands – These handy tools will help you change a flat in no time flat.
- Mallory Cool Tool Snow Brush – A winter-travel essential, this tool is both ice scraper and snow remover.
- Anker LC40 LED Flashlight – Illuminate any situation with this emergency-kit must-have.
- Gorilla Tape Black Duct Tape – Duct tape may not be able to fix everything, but it sure does try! Keep it on hand in your car and discover some of its myriad uses.
- Security Chain Company Cable Tire Chain – These tough tire chains will provide reliable traction in snowy conditions.
- SOG Entrenching Tool – This multi-purpose shovel is durable and easy to store. Don’t overlook this one if you ever travel off the beaten path.
You might also like: Spring Cleaning Guide: Vehicle Interior Edition
Before You Hit the Road…
Make sure your vehicle is road-ready by taking it to the service center for a pre-trip inspection. The expert technicians at Berglund Automotive will offer service and parts recommendations and point out any potential problems you might encounter on your journey. Schedule your appointment now and set off confidently to enjoy safe and fun-filled travels!